Fireside Chat with David Berry, Founder of 20+ HealthTech Companies, General Partner of Moderna's Investor #HealthTech0to1
This live stream is hosted by Beta Fellowship, a knowledge sharing live series focusing on empowering US-China cross-border innovation and entrepreneurship. Past speakers include executives from top-tier global companies (Google, ByteDance, Marvel, etc.) and investment institutions (A16Z, YC, Matrix Partners, etc.). Many companies founded by Beta Fellowship members have become unicorns and all companies have raised over $1B in total.
- How to evaluate a health tech startup?
- Learnings behind starting 20+ companies?
- Where is the next innovative trend in the healthcare industry
- General Partner @ Flagship Pioneering, leading life sciences Venture Capital firm (portflio: Moderna)
- Co-founded 20+ companies across life sciences and sustainability, including Valo Health (Founder and CEO), and an array of IPO companies (e.g. Seres Therapeutics, T2 Biosystems)
- Founding Leadership Council Member @ United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network
- Received various awards including Innovator of the Year by MIT Technology Review, One of 12 Innovators Reshaping Reality by the U.S. State Department
Over 200 patents and patent applications
M.D. from Harvard Medical School and PhD from MIT in Biological Engineering
- Founder and CEO @ NovaXS Biotech, co-founder of venture studio platform in translational technology to biotechnology, life sciences, health companies
- PhD @ Harvard Medical School
- Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) innovation of biotechnology Asia-Pacific representative
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and QB3 Bioengineering regenerative medicine researcher, multiple medical device patents holder
UCSF Catalyst program principal, helped 8 translational technologies commercialized
- 40min Speaker Sharing
- 20min Q&A